With My Docs*, you can securely store and share all of your files in one centralized place. You can sort your documents into folders and control who can see what. My Docs can be configured from the Admin Panel in a few simple steps. Here’s how:
*My Docs is an add-on module feature. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Head to the Foko Admin Panel. Click here for a refresher on how to get to your Admin Panel. Upon entering the Admin Panel, you'll be on the Team page by default. Click on the "Features" tab on the left hand side.
- Once in the Features tab, scroll down to ‘Document Settings’. Switch the ‘Enable My Docs Setup’ toggle on.
- A pop up will appear to confirm that you wish to enable the My Docs setup. Click ‘Confirm’.
- Next, head over to the ‘My Docs’ tab on the left hand side. This is where you can set up the folders your community needs.
- Click on ‘Create a Folder’ on the top right hand side, and name that folder as you see fit (Such as HR, Marketing, and Training for example). Click ‘Create’ to proceed.
- Next, click on the created folder to expand its options further.
- Next, add readers to your folder by clicking on ‘Add Readers’. Readers are the users you want to have access to this folder.
- Next, add writers to your folder by clicking on ‘Add Writers’. Writers are the users who can upload docs to this folder. Writers automatically get read access, so no need to add them to both lists. Admins automatically have full access.
- If you need to add sub folders within a folder, you can add them by clicking on ‘Add Sub Folder’.
- If you want to visually distinguish your folders, you can add covers to them by clicking on ‘Upload Folder Cover ‘.
- Open the image from your computer that you wish to upload as a folder cover, and the image cover will be set.
- Once you have your folders set up as needed, head back to the ‘Features’ tab to turn on My Docs by turning the ‘Enable My Docs’ toggle on. Here you can decide who has access to past document versions, and who can share from my docs to channels and direct messages. You can ‘Add Exceptions’ to remove an individual from having access to either of these features.
- For a refresher on how to upload documents to My Docs, please click here.
- You’re all done!